SNAP Benefit Information

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a federal nutrition program. In Oregon, the Program is administered by the Department of Human Services (DHS) Children, Adults and Families (CAF) Division. The eligibility determination and issuance of benefits are provided through DHS offices across the state. You must work directly with DHS to apply for, and obtain SNAP.

SNAP application can be downloaded from the DHS website.

After filling out the Food Stamp Application, it is suggested you make an appointment to meet with a caseworker at DHS. These offices are located all around the Portland area. Your case worker may ask to see a copy of your award letter and/or pay stub to show you are on the Federal Work Study (FWS) so be sure to take all relevant documents with you to the appointment. Listed below are a few of the DHS Offices located in the Portland Metro area, but you will find others via the website above.

Helpful Downloads

SNAP info- includes a listing of DHS offices in the Portland Metro area.

How Do I Apply for Foodstamps

Contact Financial Aid

For assistance with Financial Aid please contact:

Laurie Radford
Director of Financial Aid

Sally Kalstrom
Financial Aid Counselor & Federal Work-study Coordinator

Alison Pillette
Financial Aid Counselor

Send an email to the general Financial Aid email box

Mailing Address
National College of Natural Medicine
Attn: Financial Aid Office
049 SW Porter Street
Portland, OR 97201

Physical Location
2828 SW Naito Pkwy
Suite 200
Portland, OR 97201

It is the mission of the Financial Aid staff to provide comprehensive financial aid resources and financial management education to support students and alumni in achieving their professional goals.