The safety of the students, faculty, and staff at NCNM is of the highest priority. NCNM monitors weather conditions and has an extensive emergency plan to address weather emergencies and other crises that may affect the campus.
If you are unsure whether classes, functions, and events at NCNM will proceed as scheduled due to weather (or other crisis), please visit the NCNM homepage for up–to–date emergency notices. Also, stay tuned to TV and radio broadcasts for school closings related to weather. Please do not rely solely on the media, however, for NCNM updates and information.
An NCNM campus safety officer can be reached during all open campus hours at 503.830.3613.
NCNM Evacuation Procedure
If you hear an alarm you must exit the building immediately.
In the event that an evacuation from an NCNM facility is necessary:
- Avoid use of elevators
- Leave the building immediately via the nearest exit if you hear an alarm
- Go to the following meeting places and await further instructions:
Academic Bldg. – Go to the back of either parking lot, whichever is closer to your exit.
Administration Bldg. – Go to the Administration building parking lot.
NCNM Clinic – Go to clinic parking lot.
- Do not leave the premises until you have checked in with emergency response staff for instructions.
911 – Calls: If a situation is not under control, it is an emergency. All NCNM staff are authorized to call 911 for assistance in an emergency. When you call 911, you will be asked for your full name, your birth date, the facility address and a call back number. This is standard.
- NCNM Academic Bldg. – 049 SW Porter Street, Portland, OR 97201, 503.552.1555
- NCNM Clinic – 3025 SW Corbett Ave, Portland, OR 97201, 503.552.1551
- NCNM Admin. Bldg. – 2828 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97201, 503.552.1555
- Helfgott Research Institute – 2828 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97201, 503.552.1753
Maps are posted at each location that indicates first aid kit locations.
NCNM Academic Building
In the Academic building, emergency eyewash stations are located in all lab classrooms.
The showers in the SW corner bathrooms may also be used. First Aid kits also have emergency eyewash vials.
Spill Clean Up Kit
The biohazard waste storage closet is in room 306, as well as the spill clean up kit. This room is always unlocked and accessible.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
An automated external defibrillator (AED) is located in the second floor hallway of the Academic building, as well as the NCNM Clinic.
For safety questions or concerns, please call 503.552.2014.
Emergency Contacts: Available during office hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday